Guild Vengeance Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Guild Vengeance Forums

Forum for members of Guild Vengence of Requiem Bloodmare.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Defender / Protecter questions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Yautj

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Defender / Protecter questions Empty
PostSubject: Defender / Protecter questions   Defender / Protecter questions Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 3:37 pm

I'm still pretty new to this game so I was hoping perhaps someone more knowledgeable would have some advice for a build. I've been trying to do some research but due to the popularity of the game its more challenging than I thought. I've been using Rockiem to try to get some ideas and this is what I was thinking of. The concept was full PvE ( I never really enjoyed pvp in any game I've played ).

Chain Slash - lvl 1
Rush - lvl 1
Survival Instinct - lvl 5

Taunt - lvl 1

Fighting Will - lvl 2

Provoke - lvl 5
Skin of Stone - lvl 5

Shield Mastery - lvl 1

One-Handed Weapon Mastery - lvl 1

Equilibrium - lvl 5

Quick Attack - lvl 5

Shield Fortress - lvl 5
Shield Strike - lvl 5

Restoration - lvl 5

Spiritual Intensification - lvl 4

Taunting Cry - lvl 1

Aegis of Protection - lvl 4

Promise of Victory - lvl 1

Lesser Party Heal - lvl 3
Sacred Hand - lvl 3

Sanctuary - lvl 2

With that build I have three Skill Points left. I was thinking of either Face Strike for the magic lockout or Restraint Recission, although I'm not sure how useful RR would be while tanking. ( I haven't really found any info how higher level fights work) I tried to focus on skills that would help tanking, whether it be through mitigation / avoidance or through heals. I've read that rank 1 taunts are enough to hold threat but I'm not sure on how true that is.

If anyone has any opinions or suggestions I'd greatly appreciate your feedback or to get a discussion going since it seems that information on this type of stuff is somewhat slim right now.
Back to top Go down
TheBeast/Scotness
Admin
TheBeast/Scotness

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Defender / Protecter questions   Defender / Protecter questions Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 4:21 pm

i am at work so cant reply to all of them but you for sure need lvl 5 single handed weapon master!
Back to top Go down
http://www.vengeanceguild.com
Nyssa

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Defender / Protecter questions   Defender / Protecter questions Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 12:39 am

Defender's INT is so low, make provoke pretty much unless, imo.
Back to top Go down
Yautj

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Defender / Protecter questions   Defender / Protecter questions Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 11:46 am

The reason I chose lvl 5 Provoke was that 21% miss rate seemed nice to have.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Defender / Protecter questions   Defender / Protecter questions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Defender / Protecter questions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Guild Vengeance Forums :: General :: Class Builds.-
Jump to: